5 Things: Fifth Thursday Luncheon
Here are the things you need to know before starting the day on June 30.
1. Weather. Sunny weather is in for today, with a high temp near 95 degrees and calm wind around 5 mph, according to the National Weather Service. Weather stays clear going into tonight, with a low temp around 64 degrees and north wind around 5 mph.
2. In case you missed it. Video: Elvis Looking for A Home: Looking to add a furry friend to your family? This adorable pet could be the one.
Moms Talk: First Car: How do you go about shopping for your teen's first car? Join this week's Moms Talk.
3. Happening. Fifth Thursday Luncheon: Acworth Business Association (ABA) is holding its Fifth Thursday Luncheon today at Capo's New York Pizza & Ristorante from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Join the ABA members for lunch at this free admission event and learn how to use social media to promote your business.
4. Ahead on Acworth Patch. Looking for open houses to tour this weekend? Check out this week's House Hunt feature at 1 p.m. for open houses in and around Acworth.
5. What about June 30. On June 30, 1936, Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind was published. On this day in 1971, the 26th Amendment, which lowered the voting age to 18, was ratified by the states.