5 Things: Riding the Storm Out
Here are the five things you need to know before heading out on Sept. 6.
1. Weather. There is a 60 percent chance of rain today, according to the National Weather Service. The temperature will reach a high of 71 degrees, under mostly cloudy skies. There is a chance for some thunderstorms after 2 p.m. Tonight, there will be a 30 percent chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms before 2 a.m., with the low reaching 60 degrees.
2. In case you missed it. Severe weather was the story for most of north Georgia yesterday. Thankfully, Acworth did not suffer very much damage. Check out Acworth Patch's blow-by-blow coverage of yesterday's weather news.
3. Happening. Registration for Acworth Parks and Recreation youth basketball has opened. Registration fees for the co-ed 5 and 6-year-old divisions is $105, while all other divisions cost $155. Call (770) 917-1234 or go here to register.
4. Ahead on Acworth Patch. Our “Furry Friends Looking for Homes” column will run at 10 a.m. Why not adopt one of the cute dogs or cats the Cobb County Animal Shelter is taking care of?
5. What about Sept. 6. On Sept. 6, 2000, the Millennium Summit, which discussed the role the United Nations would take in the new century, opened in New York City.