Acworth is looking for an architect for the city's new police headquarters.
The city has begun soliciting proposals from architectural consulting firms "to provide building programming services and architectural / engineering plans and technical specifications ... for a new Police Headquarters Facility," according to the Request for Proposal, which is posted on the city's website.
Firms have until 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26 to submit seven copies of their plans to the city.
The current facility is at 4400 Acworth Industrial Dr. Construction on the new headquarters at 4406 Acworth Industrial Dr. is expected to begin sometime this year.
The estimated cost of the facility is $4.75 million, which was approved by voters as part of Cobb County's 2011 Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax.
Click here to read the RFP in its entirety.
- March 21, 2011: Election Board Certifies SPLOST Vote
- March 16, 2011: City Hall: SPLOST, Acworth Both Win
- March 15, 2011: SPLOST Squeaks to Victory by 79 Votes
- March 14, 2011: Acworth and the SPLOST: A Preview
- March 14, 2011: Ax the Tax Rally Resists SPLOST
- March 14, 2011: Acworth Businesses Back SPLOST
- March 13, 2011: All-America City in Review
- March 12, 2011: 6,522 Votes Cast in SPLOST Election
- March 4, 2011: Acworth SPLOST Projects Include Sports Complex