Cobb Businesses 'JAM' in Marietta
The first summer Joint Association Meeting was held at the Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel & Conference Center on Thursday, attracting hundreds from across the county.
The Coalition of Cobb County Business Associations and the Cobb Chamber of Commerce partnered for the first annual summer JAM (Joint Association Meeting) on Thursday at the Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel & Conference Center.
David Connell, president and CEO of the Cobb Chamber of Commerce, explained that a cap on the number of RSVPs had to be set at 650. That number was hit more than a week ago, he added.
Meral Clarke, president of Marietta Business Association, said the title of the event includes the words "first annual" for a reason. Organizers hope to continue this event in the future to further promote the cooperation of local business associations.
The Elite 5 band from Hillgrove High School played Thursday.
The 13 organizations involved with the event were:
- Acworth Business Association
- Austell Business Association
- Cobb Chamber of Commerce
- East Cobb Business Association
- Kennesaw Business Association
- Mableton Business Exchange
- Marietta Business Association
- Northeast Cobb Business Association
- Powder Springs Business Association
- Smyrna Business Association
- South Cobb Business Association
- Vinings Business Association
- West Cobb Business Association