There's a 20 percent chance of rain this afternoon, with partly sunny skies and a high near 71, according to the National Weather Service. Calm wind is between 5 and 10 mph. Going into tonight, a 40 percent chance of rain is expected with cloudy skies and a low around 54.
: What is the best place in Acworth for Latin American food? ! Polls open till 9 a.m. Friday and the winner will be announced at noon that day.
Voters are encouraged to take advantage of through March 2. In addition to the presidential preference primary, voters will have the opportunity to decide whether Sunday alcohol sales will be permitted in Austell, Marietta, Powder Springs and unincorporated Cobb County. Satellite voting sites are now open at the following locations:
- East Cobb Government Service Center, 4400 Lower Roswell Road, Marietta. Hours 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- South Cobb Community Center, 620 Lions Club Drive, Mableton. Hours 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Northstar Church, 3413 Blue Springs Road NW, Kennesaw. Hours 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Ward Recreation Center, Lost Mountain Park, 4845 Dallas Highway, Powder Springs. Hours 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Cobb Elections Main Office, 736 Whitlock Ave., Marietta. Hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This Day in History
Feb. 28, 1849: The steamship California landed in San Francisco, bringing the first East Coasters to the Gold Rush.