It's that time of year again.
The 80th annual North Georgia State Fair will begin Thursday and run through Sunday, Sept. 30 at Jim R. Miller Park in Marietta.
Attracting nearly 300,000 people in years past, the fair is the largest in metro Atlanta and the second largest in Georgia. With midway rides, shows, concerts, pageants, entertainment and food, there is something for everyone.
The Georgia Lottery Concert Series for the fair begins at 8 p.m. under the covered area. Concerts are included with paid fair admission. This year's concerts include:
- Newsboys, Building 429 and Luminate, Friday
- Casey James, Saturday
- Sara Evans, Wednesday
- Thompson Square, Thursday
- Colt Ford, Friday
- Mark Wills, Saturday
The fair also includes family shows and entertainment, flower shows, exhibits and more than 40 amusement rides and games. For fair and ticket information, visit northgeorgiastatefair.com.
2012 Specials and Unlimited Rides Schedule:
- Friday, Sept. 21: Free-admission all day for seniors 55 and up
- Saturday, Sept. 22: 10 to 11 a.m. free admission and rides, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. pay-one-price $25 unlimited rides (good till close)
- Sunday, Sept. 23: Children 12 and under admitted free all day, Receive $1.00 off adult admission with church bulletin, 12:30 to 2 p.m. free admission and rides for students (must have ticket distributed in school)
- Monday, Sept. 24: $15 for unlimited rides
- Tuesday, Sept. 25: Students 18 and under admitted free all day, Pay-one-price $18 unlimited rides, Special populations night
- Wednesday, Sept. 26: Pay-one-price $18 unlimited rides
- Friday, Sept. 28: $1 off adult admission with a non-winning Georgia lottery ticket, Bring 7 non-perishable can good items and receive 1 free adult admission
- Saturday, Sept. 29: Bring 7 non-perishable can good items and receive 1 free adult admission, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. pay-one-price $25 unlimited rides (good till close)
- Sunday, Sept. 30: Bring 7 non-perishable can good items and recieve 1 free adult admission, 12:30 to 2 p.m. free admission and rides for students (must have ticket distributed in school)