Several restaurants will be open to serve hungry residents looking for a good Christmas Day meal without all the preparations—and cleanup. Sometimes, when there are just two or three in a family, it's cheaper to eat out than to buy all the "trimmings."
Patch found five local eateries to choose from:
- Want to eat Chinese on Christmas Day? (ala "A Christmas Story"). Then head over to on Cobb Parkway in Acworth for all your favorite Chinese dishes. Hours are Christmas Eve from 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. and Christmas Day from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. They will be serving their dinner menu all day on both days. Call 770-917-0688 for more info.
- Ruth's Chris Steak House in the Embassy Suites on Chastain Road in Kennesaw is serving their regular menu items on Christmas Day from 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. For more information or to make reservations, call 770-420-1985.
- Want something totally different on Christmas Day? Why not try the Melting Pot Fondue Restaurant just off Barrett Parkway in Kennesaw? The popular gathering place will serve its regular menu of tasty fondue treats from 4 to 9 p.m. Call 770-425-1411 for reservations and more info.
- Golden Corral on Barrett Parkway in Kennesaw is serving their buffet for holiday diners on Christmas Day from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Prices are $12.99 for adults, $11.99 for senior citizens, and $5.99 for children ages 3 to 12. For more information, call 770-428-6770.
- And there is always These folks pride themselves on being open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. There are several locations in both and , and nothing says love like "smothered and covered."
Have you ever gone to a restaurant for Christmas Day dinner? Do you plan to this year? Why or why not? Tell us in the comments!