1. Weather. Today is expected to be partly sunny with a high near 76 and calm wind around 5 mph, according to the National Weather Service. Mostly cloudy skies are in for tonight, with a low around 57.
2. In case you missed it. : What are you passionate about? Volunteering is one way to immerse ourselves in the things that we love while keeping our daytime jobs.
3. Happening. Acworth Business Association Alive After Five event will take place today from 5:30-7 p.m., hosted by Game On Sports at 3126 Cobb Pkwy in Kennesaw. Enjoy free food and networking opportunity with other local businesses in the area.
4. Ahead on Acworth Patch. Looking for great homes to tour this weekend? Don't miss this week's House Hunt, coming up at 1 p.m.
5. What about Sept. 8. On Sept. 8, 1951, the San Francisco Peace Treaty was signed, fending World War II hostilities between the U.S. and Japan. On this day in 1952, Ernest Hemingway's Old Man and the Sea was published.