1. Weather. There is a 10 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms early morning, with the rest of the day expected to be mostly sunny with a high near 93, according to the National Weather Service. Mostly clear skies are in for tonight, with a low around 68.
2. In case you missed it. : Owner Richard Hight shares what it is like to run a printing business.
3. Happening. The 26th Annual is scheduled for Saturday, Sep. 17. This is a great opportunity for everyone in the Acworth community to come and help clean up the shoreline of both Lake Acworth and Lake Allatoona. The event begins at 9 a.m., and will conclude at noon with a cookout at the Riverside Day Use Area on Allatoona Dam Road. The event will include free food, entertainment and prizes for all of the participants.
Interested in volunteering? Please pre-register at GLAC website. To clean up at a park, at registration select City of Acworth and in the comments section please put , and the will contact you with the event day details. If you or your company would like to sponsor the event, please contact Michelle Patrick or Lisa Barlow at the City of Acworth Parks and Recreation Department at 770-917-1234, or you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
4. Ahead on Acworth Patch. Keep up with what's making news in your town as well other neighboring communities by tuning into our Daily PatchCast, 6 p.m. weekdays.
5. What about Aug. 10. On Aug. 10, 1821, Missouri became the 24th state in the United States. On this day in 1993, Ruth Bader Ginsburg was sworn in as the second female U.S. Supreme Court justice.