Cobb Alcohol Taskforce invites Cobb County youth to attend the 2013 Youth Council Summit on Saturday, February 2, 2013. The event offers the opportunity to participate in youth-led "hands-on" leadership skill building activities and projects. Middle and High School aged youth in Cobb County representing school, faith, club, non-profit, or other volunteer youth groups can register online now.
Youth should attend to help shape a collective youth voice to lead the way for local underage and youth binge drinking prevention efforts. Here are some benefits of attending:
- Learn about the Cobb Alcohol Taskforce Youth Council
- Understand local underage and youth binge drinking realities
- Have fun with community peers who support alcohol and drug-free lifestyles
- Be empowered to make a change in your community
- Learn about three youth-led community service projects
- Create project implementation plans to be completed in teams, by the end of April 2013
- Get all kinds of cool stuff – logo t-shirt and drawstring bag, drawings for prizes, certificate of participation, documentation for community service hours, breakfast and lunch and more!