Job fairs is the places where you will get meet your employer face-to-face. So, it is important to approach them with a plan. Here are the tips which will help you in attracting your employers:
1. Do your homework and be prepared: Read about the employers coming to the job fair. Most organizers provide a list of scheduled employers on their website. Research about the companies you are interested in. Have a copy of your resume. Walk around the fair so that you don't miss any good opportunity, but first visit your top employers as it will save your time.
2. Dress in formal: Many people visit job fairs in flip flops, casual tees and tight fitted jeans. You should treat job fair as you are going for an interview. Dress in formal which include suit, button-down shirt or skirt. Your dressing sense will make you stand-out.
3. Check your manners: While talking to your employers, silent your phone or if possible, swith off your mobile. Interrupting your employer conversation will leave bad effect on your employer. Also be polite in job fair. If you don’t know about the company, politely get the information from them in place of asking "What is your company all about or what does your company do?" Eye contact is very important while talking to your employer as it shows your confidence.
4. Ask for contact number: After meeting your employer, ask for their contact numbers. When you get home, send a follow up email to the person you met. Remind them what position you are interested in, and give them a brief summary of your skills.
5. Listen for the question: Some people talk to their friends or play exams on their mobile phones and miss the great opportunity of passing the interview easily. Most of the employers have a fix set of question which they ask to all candidates. That is why if you listen to the questions they ask the candidates ahead of you, there is a scope of performing better.
There are a few tricks and tips that will make you stand out at any company, no matter how many people are in line. So, get dressed and conquer the world. GOOD LUCK!
For more information: