Income tax season is here again. And a well-known tax business is ready with a special offer.
According to its website, H&R Block will prepare and file your federal income tax return for free through February 15, if you file the 1040 EZ form.
The "free" offer carries the following conditions:
- If your filing status is single or married filing jointly;
- have no dependents or children;
- if you do not itemize deductions;
- have no mortgage payment;
- have a taxable income of less than $100,000;
- earned all income from wages, tips and allowable sources.
But there is a charge to file state tax returns, H&R Block will charge $39 to file state tax returns for such filers.
The IRS began accepting 2012 tax returns on .