Barber Middle School
Murray F. Barber Middle School was founded during the 2005 - 6 school year to relieve overcrowding at Awtrey Middle School nearby in Kennesaw. The school is part of the Cobb County School District, serving just under 900 students in grades 6 through 8. It has a socio-economically and ethically diverse student body, and provides services to students with special needs and to those who are advanced placement math students. At Barber Middle School, a variety of options of non-academic programs are offered, including art, dance, drama, technology education and music. Students can also participate in P.E. and health education classes.
- Fax: 770-529-0325
- Handicap Accessible: There is designated parking and curb ramps.
- Founding Date: 2005
- Number of students: 896
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: No
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 15:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Grade levels: 6-8
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Instrumental and vocal music, dance, drama, basketball, P.E. classes, computer arts, academic contests
- Student clubs: Academic Bowl, chorale, Destiny Daughters of Promise, eighth grade musical, fish club, Girl Talk, news cast, yearbook club